Interested in construction, architecture and building performance? Like the idea of spending time on construction sites and helping people solve unique problems in creative ways?
Copeland Building Envelope Consulting is looking for someone to join our growing team and we want to talk with you!
Here are some details about the position.
This is an entry-level to mid-level position ideal for someone interested in building science who is looking to learn and develop in-demand skills. You will be working with and supporting the firm’s senior staff.
- document conditions at project sites, including existing buildings and in-progress construction
- attend project meetings with contractors, owners, owners’ representatives and other project stakeholders
- draft reports documenting field work
- research building science and building envelope topics
- review and process submittals
- perform building envelope testing and investigations
- prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications
- degree in engineering, architecture or related field
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in engineering, architecture, construction or other building envelope-related field
- ability to drive to job sites throughout New England, climb ladders and work at heights
- proficiency with Google G Suite (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail), PDF software (e.g. Bluebeam) and AutoCAD
- comfortable visiting and working on active construction sites
- strong communication skills including writing and public speaking
- self-reliant; comfortable taking risks and learning by observation and experience
- desire to learn about building science and building envelope consulting
We offer a fun and respectful work environment, interesting projects, and competitive compensation. Basically: we want you to love working here.
Show us that you’re the ideal candidate by doing the following:
- Write a letter of introduction using Google Docs.
- Gather some examples of your work or experience.
- Prepare a resume (don’t feel limited to a typical resume format here… going outside the box is encouraged).
- Send a link to a Google Drive folder containing all of that to Matt Copeland.
We look forward to hearing from you.