Copeland Building Envelope Consulting provided comprehensive engineering services to help restore the brick and cast stone masonry facades at this stately 3-story Brookline, MA condominium building. Our services included:
- condition assessment of the existing masonry, which found significant deterioration including cracked units and unsafe entry portico
- oversaw the emergency removal of the front entry portico to address immediate life safety concerns
- designed masonry restoration for all building facades, including repairs to brick and cast stone masonry
- worked with the contractor to design a new entry portico using alternative materials to address weight, material availability, and cost issues
- provided construction phase services including regular site visits, field reports, and coordination with the contractor to address unforeseen conditions
- frequent communication with the condominium Board of Trustees to explain and discuss conditions identified, repair options, and construction progress
Allstar Waterproofing of Stoughton, MA performed the emergency portico removal. Statewide RM of Brookline, MA performed the masonry restoration work including replacement of the portico with a new fiberglass reinforced polymer (FRP) from Architectural Fiberglass, Inc. Statewide has a great write-up on the project on their website.