Interested in construction, architecture and building performance? Like the idea of finding practical and creative solutions to unique building problems? Join our growing team!
We’re a nimble group of engineers and and building scientists, working to improve buildings and help our clients. The firm offers you an opportunity to work and learn among supportive peers in a fun and respectful work environment with interesting projects. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits focused on giving you the best work-life balance around. Basically, we want you to love working here.
Check out the current open positions below. Feel free to drop us a line even if you have different experience or qualifications; we’re always on the lookout for talented individuals.
This is a mid-level position intended for someone with a few years of professional industry experience in building envelope consulting, engineering or architecture. You’ll be working with the firm’s senior staff as well as taking on some project management responsibilities.
- document conditions at project sites, including existing buildings and in-progress construction
- attend project meetings with contractors, owners, owners’ representatives and other project stakeholders
- prepare reports documenting field work
- lead construction administration efforts on individual projects
- perform building envelope testing and investigations
- prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications
- coordinate with junior staff and drafters to accomplish project goals
- undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, architecture or related field
- professional registration (Architect, Engineer, RRC, RRO, REWC, etc.), or ability to achieve registration within 2 years
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in engineering, architecture or other building envelope-related professional field
- ability to drive to job sites throughout New England, climb ladders and work at heights
- proficiency with Google G Suite (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail), PDF software (e.g. Bluebeam) and AutoCAD
- comfortable visiting and working on active construction sites
- strong communication skills including writing and public speaking
- self-reliant; comfortable taking risks and learning by observation and experience
- desire to learn about building science and building envelope consulting
Show us that you’re the ideal candidate to join the Copeland Building Envelope Consulting team by doing the following:
- Write a letter of introduction using Google Docs.
- Gather some examples of your work or experience.
- Prepare a resume (don’t feel limited to a typical resume format here… going outside the box is encouraged).
- Send a link to a Google Drive folder containing all of that to Matt Copeland.
Copeland Building Envelope Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.