Interested in construction, architecture and building performance? Like the idea of finding practical and creative solutions to unique building problems? Join our growing team!
We’re a nimble group of engineers and and building scientists, working to improve buildings and help our clients. Our purpose is to help humanity meet its fundamental need for shelter in a way that is sustainable and preserves a healthy, livable world for generations to come.
The firm offers you an opportunity to work and learn among supportive peers in a fun and respectful work environment with interesting projects. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits focused on giving you the best work-life balance around. Basically, we want you to love working here.
Check out our current openings below. Even if you don’t see something that describes your skills exactly, feel free to drop us a line anyway if you are interested in joining the team; we’re always on the lookout for talented individuals.
This is an entry-level position ideal for someone interested in building science who is looking to learn and develop in-demand skills. You will be working with and supporting the firm’s senior staff.
- document conditions at project sites, including existing buildings and in-progress construction
- attend project meetings with contractors, owners, owners’ representatives and other project stakeholders
- draft reports documenting field work
- research building science and building envelope topics
- review and process submittals
- perform building envelope testing and investigations
- prepare construction documents including drawings and specifications
- undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering, architecture or related field
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in engineering, architecture, construction or other building envelope-related field
- ability to drive to job sites throughout New England, climb ladders and work at heights
- proficiency with Google Workspace (e.g. Docs, Sheets, Drive, Gmail), Slack, PDF software (e.g. Bluebeam) and AutoCAD
- comfortable visiting and working on active construction sites
- strong communication skills including writing and public speaking
- self-reliant; comfortable taking risks and learning by observation and experience
- desire to learn about building science and building envelope consulting
Show us that you’re the ideal candidate to join the Copeland Building Envelope Consulting team by doing the following:
- Write a letter of introduction using Google Docs.
- Gather some examples of your work or experience.
- Prepare a resume (don’t feel limited to a typical resume format here… going outside the box is encouraged).
- Send a link to a Google Drive folder containing all of that to Matt Copeland.
Copeland Building Envelope Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.