The CopelandBEC team traveled to Chelmsford today for a hands-on roof coating workshop with our friends at Atlantic Restoration and Neogard. Atlantic graciously hosted at their facility and provided some great mock-up boards to try out the Neogard materials on.
Roof coatings are not the answer on every project but do offer some significant benefits where applicable:
- significantly reduced up-front cost compared to complete re-roof
- reduced risk of leakage during construction
- less owner/occupant disruption
- reduced waste to landfill
- attention to detail is built into the process, focusing the work where leaks are most likely to occur
- fewer crane picks required to get materials to the roof
Roof coatings may be an option in lieu of full replacement when the existing roof meets certain criteria, including:
- good slope to drain
- sufficient attachment to the structure
- less than ~25% wet materials
…among others. Let us know if you’d like to discuss a roof coating or roof replacement project at your property… and please subscribe to the blog for more updates right in your inbox. No spam, unsubscribe anytime.